Be a Part of the Celebration!
UCR's ladder-rank faculty, adjunct professors, visiting faculty, lecturers, supervisors of teacher education, librarians, and academics all play a critical role in the education and growth of our students and contribute to their success both inside and outside the classroom. Your participation at Commencement is very meaningful to your students, and we encourage you to attend and join them and their families in celebrating this important milestone!
If you have a Ph.D. or M.F.A. candidate who is graduating this year, it is especially important that you attend to hood them. Ph.D. and M.F.A. hooding for students in all colleges will take place at the Graduate Division Hooding ceremony on Saturday, June 3, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. at the Student Recreation Center North, main gymnasium.
If you are not hooding a Ph.D. or M.F.A. candidate this year, we encourage you to attend your college/school ceremony. Please refer to the Commencement schedule for the complete list of ceremony dates, times and locations.
If you would like to participate in the School of Medicine and Graduate Division Hooding ceremonies taking place June 2 and June 3 at SRC, please register and order your complimentary rental regalia here by Friday, April 21, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
If you would like to participate in the Toyota Arena college/school ceremonies taking place June 20 - June 22, please register and order your complimentary rental regalia here by Monday, May 8, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
If you have any questions, please contact the respective Faculty Participation College Coordinator for the ceremony you would like to participate in below:
- College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences Coordinator: Julie Salgado
- College of Natural & Agricultural Sciences Coordinator: Rachel Alvarez
- Graduate Division Hooding Coordinator: Kara Oswood
- Marlan and Rosemary Bourns College of Engineering Coordinator: Eilene Montoya
- School of Business Coordinator: Monica Miller
- School of Education Coordinator: Samantha Jobelius
- School of Medicine Coordinator: Brian Blackburn
- School of Public Policy Coordinator: John Batres